Friday, April 1, 2011

My latest obsession...Greek Yogurt

My weakness used to be Ice cream.  I contribute my excessive weight gain over the last 5 years to the bowl of ice cream I ate every at 9pm.  I do not like to share and the only time of the day when I didn't have to share with a little person was 9:00.  As I'm sure you know, the food you eat late at night, mostly turns to fat.  So, eating ice cream is not the most dietetic of decisions.

I gave up the ice cream January 3 (well, not completely it's just not every night :)) and now for a sweet treat at night I eat yogurt.  I'm sure if there is a nutritionist reading this they will tell me I shouldn't be eating it at night anyway, but a tiger doesn't change his stripes overnight.  LOL!!  I recently discovered Chobani Greek yogurt

If you haven't discovered it, run don't walk to Randall's right now.  They are 10 for $10.  I sent the hubs over there last night to grab some.  Non-fat, high in protein, and tastes great!!  From the Chobani website, "Chobani Greek Yogurt is a naturally good for you food. The straining process we use to make it gives it two times more protein—34% of your daily value-than regular yogurts. Plus it's has 50% less sodium and is naturally lower in carbohydrates.

You'll also find five types of live and active cultures including three strains of probiotics in Chobani. Plus, it’s deliciously thick, rich and creamy so it’s an ideal way to satisfy your cravings without derailing your diet."  
The flavor of the day today, Pineapple!!  So good, I don't even miss the ice cream.  

No comments:

Post a Comment