Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The state of education and other ramblings

Let's just say, when you are married to a coach, every February-April seems to be about the same.  If you have a great football season, they are looking for a new job because they want to go out on top.  If you had a bad football season, they are looking for a job because they don't want to suck anymore.  It's a vicious cycle that is never-ending.  More than once a week I seem to hear, "What would you think about living HERE?"  or  "What if we moved HERE?"  It seems that everytime I get comfortable we move.  I know I signed up for this 9 years ago but it's still something you never get used to.  This year, I don't seem to mind as much.  I used to tell myself, "I don't worry about the economy, I'm married to a teacher.  There will always be jobs for teachers."  Boy, have my thoughts changed.

FBISD has had to let go hundreds of teachers.  Luckily, hubs has been safe so far, but I just feel like there are no guarantees.  It is very frustrating and stressful considering he is the sole breadwinner of our household.  Then from the parent stand-point, what does this mean for my oldest princess when she starts kindergarten next year? Will there be 40 kids in her kindergarten class?  Will music and fine arts be cut?  What about sports?  All of these things are going through my mind tonight.

PLUS, I got ANOTHER job.  (I know mom, I need to slow down).  But it's going to be great!!  I am getting paid to blog for Katy magazine.  I am super excited about this new venture.  Only problem is, I have NO IDEA what to write about.  I know I only have 7 fans, but I would love it if you would give me some ideas.  Oh, and refer me to your friends.  I think everyone should have a little bit of mamalicious in their lives.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment