Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Public Service Announcement and a little comic relief

***WARNING-The following post contains graphic information pertaining to bodily functions, proceed with caution***

When I was a senior in high school, my mom and I decided we would try out the Atkins diet.  It was great, I didn't eat anything but meat, cheese, and coffee (and I'm sure the cigarettes I snuck helped too shhhh).  I lost about 10 lbs and thought I looked fabulous.  Unfortunately, once I reintroduced real food into my diet, you know CARBS, my stomach hated me.  I can remember on multiple occasions since then driving home from a chinese or mexican restaurant and having to stop at the nearest gas station.

Since then, I've continued to have issues.  The only difference is, as I've gotten older, my digestive system has SLLOOOOOWWED way down.  To combat this, last night I decided to drink some Super Dieters Tea
When I woke up this morning, I had a little bit of gas but nothing major was happening.  So, I drank my normal 2 cups of coffee and ate my fiber one bar.

After dropping the big one at school, the little one and I headed to run our errands.  As we drove through the bank, I started feeling some slight discomfort.  Then we went in Best Buy, little bit of gas, nothing dramatic.

As we got back in the car and headed to Target my stomach started rumbling.  You know the rumbling I'm talking about.  Remember the scene in Dumb and Dumber where Jeff Daniels stomach is growling.  Yeah, that's what I was hearing.

I pulled into a parking spot, basically ran around the car to get the little one out.  Put her in a cart and luckily they have that big family restroom that you can just push your whole cart into.  At this point, I had my cheeks clenched so tightly I was walking on my tip toes.  Thank GOD above I made it!!!  

The moral of this story, do not mix Super Dieters Tea, Fiber one bars, and coffee unless you will be near your own personal restroom for the entire morning.  

No comments:

Post a Comment