Sunday, April 17, 2011

Finding my "style"

As I've stated before, turning 30 has really helped me discover who I am.  Not just as a person, but as a mom, friend, woman, wife, etc.  I know what I want, and I know who I want to be.  Now, if I only I could figure out what I want my house to be.  Hahaha!!

My recent journey into employment, and the funds that come along with that, have now allowed us the opportunity to do things to our home that we had been putting off.  First and foremost, painting.  With this, I have realized I am VERY unhappy with my living room.


Here is another view:


I obviously took these pictures on a non-cleaning day.  LOL!!  Right now I am really drawn to blue and yellows.  I would love to do something in this room with blues and yellows.  But I have the HUGE brown couches to deal with.  I know for sure I am moving the bookshelf and possibly putting the TV on the large wall that the couch is on.

I want to get new draperies for sure and throw pillows.  I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this room:
But obviously, I cannot paint my walls that dark with such dark furniture.

I also really like this look

But I think THIS is the one I want to immulate:

  
How gorgeous is that?!?!?!  It also helps for me to see that the kitchen is connected just like in my house.  


Do you see why I don't know what my style is??  And we're just talking about decorating.  Don't even get me started on clothing.....Stay tuned as we begin this journey together.  You know there will be some deals to be found.  I don't do anything retail.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Check out theletteredcottage.net Layla is great at interior designer

    ReplyDelete