Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Turtle Club

My mom called me today and said she had spoken to some OOOOLLLLLDDDD family friend's of ours.  I mean, back in the DAY!  She mentioned they had blogs, so the cyber-stalker that I am I had to look them up.

I stumbled across Lauren's blog.  Lauren was just a few years younger than me, and I can remember us riding bikes and playing together when we were younger.  I do not recall her being this fit and fabulous.  I was snooping around her blog and found that she, like me, has recently started running and doing 5Ks.  She even has a club!  How awesome is that??  Of course, I had to join.



She encourages you to write about why you run.  I started running as a challenge to myself.  I wanted to lose 30-40lbs and I love food, so I figured I needed to figure out a way to do this without giving up food.  As my motto has always been, "I like to eat too much to diet."  As all runners will tell you, I got hooked.  I now run to clear my head, to escape from the madness of my house for 30 minutes, and because I'm addicted.  I will continue to run 5K's because I love the feeling I got when I crossed that finish line.  So, I will proudly join the turtle club, because even when I KNOW I'm going as slow as a turtle, I push through to the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment