Monday, May 2, 2011

Where is my creativity??

Handmade jewelry, belt buckles, hats, broaches, and more.  These were all things I saw yesterday while working the Home for the Holidays gift market for Juice in the City.  I am so envious of these women and their talents.  Why can't I be creative?  Why didn't I think of making a necklace with a picture of my kids?  Why can't I be a fabulous children's photographer?  These are all things that went through my mind.  Of course, after I wanted to buy all of their stuff.  I always tell people, the only things I can make are food and babies, and I'm not making anymore babies.  And since I've been on the weightloss kick, I'm not making much food either.

I can't even decorate my house by myself.  I am constantly asking my decorator friends for advice before buying anything or committing to paint colors.  I feel like I am missing some sort of my DNA, and then I remember where I am gifted.  I am GREAT at finding deals.  I love to tell my friends that my daughter's crocs only cost $8 on zulily. Or that I can get the same rug on overstock for less than what it would cost at target.  So, I guess even though I can't MAKE anything, I can make my money go further with a little creativity.

On that note, here are some of my favorite deal sites.

Of course, juice in the city

Living Social and has started featuring some local deals, every once in a while.

And for online deals for the house, check out The Foundary.

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you! I'm not very creative either. I love the deals on these sites, especially with Juice In The City. Thanks for recently replying to my message on FB. FYI, Heather's mom used to babysit my oldest son. Small world, right?

    ReplyDelete