Sunday, March 27, 2011

My first 5K and other random musings

So, originally I started this blog as a way to share great deals that I found and fabulous recipes.  Then I got bored with that so I stopped blogging.  Then I got a really awesome job finding great deals in my area and I thought, I really need to blog again.  Then I got promoted and didn't have the time to blog anymore.  It really has been a vicious cycle.  I constantly have thoughts pop in my head that I think, "Man, I should blog about that, but I have a couponing blog, it's not relevant."  So, I have decided that even though my blog is a couponing/deal blog, I am going to post random things as well.  I apologize if you've stumbled across my blog expecting simply deals, but I promise there will be some fabulous ones coming.  :)

Yesterday I ran my very first 5K.  Let me just tell you, before January 3 I had never run in my life.  I was that kid in PE that had to tie their shoe every 100 yards.  I think the fastest I had ever run a mile was somewhere around 16-18 minutes.  On January 3 I started training with my friend Lisa.  We trained telecommutely (used the same training schedule but never actually trained togther) using a schedule made by a friend of her's that does IronMan competitions.  On January 3, I ran 9 minutes without stopping, and actually didn't die.  I felt pretty good about myself.  Over the next 3 months I gradually increased my running until I was running for 30 minutes straight and on March 26, 2011, I ran 5K in 33 minutes and 20 seconds.  I have never been so proud of myself in my entire life.  I have graduated from college and had 2 children and still running for those 33 minutes seemed like the greatest achievement of my life.  I actually did something by myself, with no help from anyone.  It felt AMAZING!!!!!

Here is the picture of me crossing the finish line:

I cannot wait for my next one!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment