Monday, November 15, 2010

What's for dinner? Taco Soup

Have I mentioned that I love soup?  I really do.  I would love to live somewhere cold so I could eat soup every day.  Unfortunately, I live in Texas and we don't really have what would be considered a "winter" but it did drop below 80, so I decided i wanted soup.  


Tonight's dinner is one of my family's absolute FAVES!!  I got this recipe from my mother-in-law a few years ago but have adapted it to become my own.  


Taco Soup
1 lb ground turkey
2 tbsp Pampered Chef Southwestern Seasoning
1 package ranch dip mix
1 large can diced tomatoes
1 can black beans drained and rinsed
1 can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1 can corn 
1 can water


Brown turkey in large pot seasoned with Southwestern seasoning and Ranch mix.  I use the Mix 'N Chop to get my meat chopped up very small and to avoid those big chunks you get with ground turkey.  Drain of excess grease.


Add tomatoes, beans, corn and water.  Bring to a boil and then reduce heat.  Simmer for at least 30 minutes.  


Serve over tortilla chips and garnish with cheese and sour cream.  

No comments:

Post a Comment