Monday, November 8, 2010

Now that I'm an adult...

On October 1 I turned 30 years old.  I know that is not old to many people, but to me it was devastating.  I really had a hard time with the anticipation of it.  When the day came it was not as painful as I had originally thought it would be, but something happened that day.  I really can't explain it, but I really feel that I have changed in the past month.

I know it seems so silly, and honestly, it's not even something I have given a conscious thought to.  In the past month, I have started caring more about my house, decorating it, becoming more organized, and doing more crafty things.  I've also wanted to dress better, a friend of mine gave me some gorgeous dangle earrings for my birthday and I have been so excited to wear them.  To the shock and dismay of another friend who gave me a hard time for wearing the same James Avery earrings everyday.  But of course, I'm doing all of these things on my shoe-string budget.  LOL!!

So, I'm making some goals for this week and I will let you know how it goes.

First of all, I am going to try to make my own laundry detergent.  I found a recipe over at The Delgado Seven and I'm going to go buy the ingredients tomorrow and give it a try.  Of course, I will blog the progress.

I also found this super cute craft I am going to try with my girls
sometime this week.  I'm planning on cutting them with my circle cutter and them making them into ornaments.  Ideally, I would love to say I will do this every year, but first I'm going to just say I'm doing it this year and we'll see how it goes.

So, I'm hoping to keep up the momentum.  Of course, I'm also trying to do all of this, raise my girls, keep my house, and run my business.  But really, who needs sleep anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment