Wednesday, October 27, 2010

What's for dinner? and One more deal

When I was pregnant with the little one, my WONDERFUL cousin Bev stocked my freezer with homemade frozen dinners.  It was the most amazing and generous gifts anyone ever did for me.  She also included the recipes with each meal so I could duplicate later the ones we liked.  Well, one of my favorite ones was Chicken and Wild Rice casserole.  I had completely forgotten about it until Bunco a few months back when one of the girls served it to us for dinner.


CHICKEN AND WILD RICE CASSEROLE 

1 can French style green beans, drained
1 sm. onion, diced
1/2 c. mayonnaise
2 cans celery soup
1 sm. jar pimento
1 can water chestnuts, sliced and drained
3 c. diced cooked chicken
1 3/4 c. chicken stock
1 box wild rice with herbs and seasonings

Mix all ingredients and place in 3 quart (9 x 12) casserole. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour with last 10 minutes, covered with foil.

And because you know I do things frugally (is that even a word?) I am using the leftover chicken from the fajitas last night.  :)  They had a little bit of a southwestern seasoning but I think it'll be okay.  I guess, we'll find out.

I just found this on some other deal blogs and I HAD to share it.  A friend of mine is looking for a play kitchen for her 2 year old for Christmas so I'm mainly posting this for her, but also for anyone else out there looking for a deal on one.

http://www.playkitchens.com/  Enter code HF-5549 for an extra 10% off.

No comments:

Post a Comment