Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Tonight's Dinner: Chicken Fajitas


Tuesday nights we have soccer practice at 6:00 pm. So, usually dinner is something quick and easy. Ashamedly, last Tuesday my 4 year old had Ramen noodles for the first time. I made myself feel better by boiling them in low sodium chicken broth but I still fed her Ramen.

Well tonight I have thought and planned ahead and we're having chicken fajitas with spanish rice and refried beans.

I am so excited to use my new Pampered Chef Grill Pan to grill chicken for the first time. I used it last week for pork chops and it was so quick and easy.

To grill chicken:
Heat pan over medium heat 5 minutes. Spray pan with vegetable oil. Cook chicken 7-10 minutes. Turn chicken over; cook 7-10 minutes or until Digital Pocket Thermometer registers 165°F (74°C) and juices run clear.

The fajitas are the seasoned chicken thighs from HEB. These are on sale all the time and I usually have a package in my freezer. I got the tortillas last week at Kroger's, they were in the bakery for $1.

The refried beans are also the Kroger brand, as is the instant Spanish rice. I try not to use pre-packaged foods but it was so cheap and easy that I couldn't pass it up.

For the baby and myself, I have 2 fresh avocados that were also on sale last week. The husband or the 4 year old won't eat avocado.

There is usually some sort of cheese on sale, this week Kroger has them 3 for $5. So I have the mexican blend shredded cheese.

Total this meal probably cost less than $10 and is enough for us to have for dinner tonight and the hubby can take some to school for lunch tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment