Thursday, June 16, 2011

I'm finally THERE

I have always been the almost girl.  In HS I was in theater and speech, getting great roles in plays where I was never quite the star but almost.  Cast as Glenda the Good Witch in The Wizard of Oz, the "pretty one" in Prime of Ms Jean Brodie, and understudy to "Madge" in Picnic.  I never considered myself to be beautiful by any means but apparently I had a look that the director liked.  I was also the mascot.  Acting a fool on the sidelines, embarrassing the cheerleaders, and not quite being "popular".  Sure, I was known by EVERYONE.  Finalist for most humorous, once again ALMOST, my good friends were the ones winning the awards.

Then I get to college.  I still remember my mom telling me, "This is going to be your time!"  Oh, how I hoped she was right.  I joined a sorority, where I was great at recruiting, and always well known, but never elected to officer.  Once again I mascotted, but never felt like I fit in with the cheerleaders.  And once again, my closest friends were winning Homecoming Queen and Miss HBU.  So close!!!  I graduated, got married, and began my life as a "coach's wife."

Fast-forward to now.  Wow!  I feel like I have finally made it.  When I began my job as an LBC with Juice in the City in January, never in a million years did I know where this would go.  Now here I am, 6 months later, blessed beyond belief.  People KNOW me!  People talk about me, and it's not bad.  I am one of the top producers in our company with sourcing and my market is growing my leaps and bounds.  Twice this week, I was stopped by people in the parking lot at VBS who told me how much they LOVE JITC and the great deals we offer.

Finally, I made it.  I have found my niche.  It only took me 30 years, but I'm here.  And I don't plan on going anywhere anytime soon.

Speaking of JITC, check out our awesome deal I found today, for Fun Tiki in Missouri City.  Have I mentioned how much I love my job???

3 comments:

  1. You shine at sourcing, deal. Are we on for Saturday night? I wanna watch you drink wine and I'll be envious.

    ReplyDelete